I wanted something simple, and this recipe was just right! It can help you make big, succulent and juicy homemade meatballs to have a great dinner.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
– 1 lb ground meat ( beef or combination of beef and pork)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup dryish, starchy particles (breadcrumbs, oatmeal, cornflakes)
– 1/2 finely chopped onion
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– handful parsley (1/4-1/2 cup), chopped
– 1 t each salt and pepper
– 14 ounce can whole or chopped tomatoes
– 8 ounce can tomato sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 2 teaspoons dried basil
– ¼-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– Put meat and all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together with your hands. Form into 1.5 inch balls. You’ll probably get around 12 balls.
– Heat up a pan first, then put a little bit of oil in, swirl it around to get it coated. Gently put the meatballs in and brown them for a couple of minutes (about 3 minutes), flip them till brown and crispy.
– Then add tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, garlic, dried oregano, basil, red pepper and salt. Turn heat to low, cover and let it simmer for 20- 25 minutes. Meanwhile, cook some noodles or what you have to go with it.
– Check on your balls. If the sauce is thin, cook with the lid off for another 10 minutes or so. Too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water or wine.
– Serve hot with your noodles or spaghetti.